Sunday 29 May 2011

Lili of the Valley

Another of the 'Here come the Boys' images I think is fantastic for Fathers' Day


This little chap is called Cheers Bear and is coloured in the usual Copics. I've done and off center gate fold card and punched the corners - I've seen this on the amazingly talented Anita's blog and think it finished the corners so perfectly.
The stars are cut with a DieNamics die, the swirls with Magnolia and the sentiment is one of the Lili of the Valley sentiments ones.


I've put a pocket on the inside of the card which can hold a tag and/or gift token and used one of the   Additions Bows to finish off the top of the pocket. I did mean to put a pearl or diamonte into the center of the bow, but sadly, memory not being what it used to..........


 I had an AGM that I mentioned yesterday - it lasted all day and I was starving hungry when I got home so I flew into the kitchen to start cooking and sliced into my thumb (the fleshy part) which hasn't stopped bleeding since. I've gone through all my plasters so it's now kitchen roll and selotape so crafting has been rather a slow process today LOL!! Fortunately most of this card was more or less ready to go!!




I hope you've all had (having) a great weekend, and the weather's a bit warmer than it is here - brrrr....
Photobucket

16 comments:

Christina said...

Woww this is yet another gorgeous card Heather!!
Hugs Kristel

Renkata said...

Stunning card Heather.
What an amazing layout.
Love the opening.

Sarah said...

Wow, stunning card Rica!! Your colouring is superb. Is it possible to ask what colours you used for the bear? I love the style of card & colours.
Sarah xx :0)

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Hun I'm back and feeling like in the land of the living again,

how can you get jet lag when you've not flown!!lol

love your card, think the edges look stunning, may just have to borrow that one some time lol,

you colourings gorgeous as usaul,

hope you've stopped bleeding now hun,and are ok,

it's been horrid here but we have actually got some sunshine for the first time in four weeks, lol

hope to speak soon, hugs Liz xx

Sue said...

Hi hun
aww gorgeous card, liv the opening clip, awesome colouring as always, great papers & design, sue,x

Ally said...

Heather, this is ONE GORGEOUS card! Wow, it's really beautiful. The blue colours of the card are great and the bear...well the bear is exorbitantly, wonderfully coloured! I am impressed!!
Have to become a follower of your blog and add your link to my sidebar!
Have a nice evening.
Sunny smiles from Switzerland
Alessandra

Paula (PEP) said...

Might I suggest that perhaps some stitches are rquired in that thumb? The cut would probably heal more neatly.
Love the colours of this & those punched corners are quite stunning. The inside is superb witht he way that bow finishes the pocket off. Your bear colouring is delightful too - his expression is just lovely. I like the way the red twine bow on the spotted star is the reverse of the blue bow on the parcel above it & how the spots echo the spots on his tie.......rambling rather here but maybe you get my drift.
Paula (PEP)

Little K Smith said...

Aw this is totally gorgeous Heather, I love these lil' bears. Gorgeous colours and a fab design too :)
Kelly.x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Gorgeous papers, gorgeous design and fabulous colourwork! Love this make!
Hope your thumb is better and that the weather improves. It was about 92 degrees F where I am today!!! Hugs, Lesley

web design outsource said...

Adorable card!!! I just love those cute card.. Those fold designs are looking awesome. I love those cute image and the lovely colors.
Thanks for this nice post.

Marion said...

Hi Heather, Another wonderful card and I just love this Cheers Bear. If I could colour in bears like yours I would be tempted to get him.
Love this style card and those punched corners are fab. Great overall design.
hugs
Marion

Julie M said...

Fab card, Heather - I love the image, your wonderful colouring - and the gatefold corner punching is a great touch.

Julie x

America said...

totally GORGEOUS card, great colors, love that sentiment and adorable image.

Julie said...

Your colouring is so lovely Heather, a fab card

Moni said...

Hi hun, fab card, lovely image and great LO. Hope you are ok. Hugs,moni

Tasha said...

WOW this is amazing, you have totally brought that bear to life, your colour work is fantastic! Great design too
love tasha xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...