Tuesday 8 March 2011

Step Card Tutorial and a Sneak Peek!!

So many of you showed an interest in this step card, both here and on the Lili of the Valley inspiration blog, I've done you a small tutorial.  It is so easy you won't believe it. Just a case of getting the measurements so it all balances. The beauty of it is you can cut your image to any shape, heart, circle, square etc and they all fit the card beautifully.


You need a piece of card 51/2 x 12 inches (30.5 x 14.5 centimeters) 

Score along the length at 11/2,   3,   5,  7 and 91/2 inches
(3.8,  7.6,  12.7,  17.8 and 24.2 centimeters)


Now concertina fold your card, from left to right first a mountain fold, then a valley, mountain, valley and finally the last mountain.


There it is - how easy is that?
5mins to make the card and about 5 hours to embellish it if you're like me. 
I'm not the fastest cardmaker around!!


I begin by adding my dp to the card - 


Then onto the image and embellishments. 

This one measures 51/2" wide and including the image and frame just short of 51/2 " in height.

I Hope you enjoy this little tutorial and find it easy - any problems please feel free to email me.

Ingredients - 
Stamps Lili of the Valley 'Bunches of Love' image and sentiment
Copics
Papers - unknown, from 'bit box'
Marianne creatable - flourishes, Cuttlebug Fancy tags, circle and Eyelet circle , MS butterfly punch
Pearls and ribbon from stash

Photobucket

23 comments:

Dorcas said...

FAB-U-Lo-SA!!!!!!! I love that it makes a larger card than most. I tend to do 6x6 and 5 1/2 square is not bad either. Any smaller and I don't know where to move! This is wonderful, thanks! (and your card is gorgeous btw :-)

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Oh my Heather, this does look easy, and your card is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing. I've got to try one. Hugs!

Hanna said...

Oh, thank you so much!
After seeing your fab step-card yesterday, I spent all night looking for a nice tutorial of this, now I finally found one! You're so awesome, this tutorial is GREAT! Thanks for sharing!

hugs!

G Peplow said...

Oh! Yes! wonderful tutorial, many thanks. love the card it's sumptuous with all the yummy swirls and that fab ribbon. have a great day:0) xxx

Carole of Brum said...

Oh wow, Rica your 2 LOTV step cards are amazing! I have to say the images and the way you've coloured them are incredibly beautiful, they look exactly like those quaint children's illustrations you'd find in a vintage book. OK, I have to have them! Great tutorial too, you've made it look a lot easier than I'd thought.

Sadly, although I'd love to get to the NEC, I'm 'confined to barracks' more or less the whole time now so very unlikely I'd be up to it. Can't believe half the crafting blogging world is going to be down the road from me and I can't go....Sob!!!

Crafting Queen said...

Great tutorial Heather, thank you.

Moni said...

Hi hun, fab tutorial. Love it. Hugs, Moni

angelwhispers said...

Wow such a great tutorial and an amazing card just love it! especially love the flourish around the image so perfect! Thanks for sharing Chanelle xxxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Thanks for this - I've not had my Scor-Pal long & absolutely love it. Love those swirls you've used around the image & that ribbon is sumptuous.
Paula (PEP)

Eija said...

Everything is perfect again - of course :)
Thank you for a great tutorial. I have to try this also.

dutchess said...

Hi Heather a really stunning card love the use of the swirls....have to wait a couple of weeks to get these stamps how will I hang on hugs Margaret

Chrissy said...

What a wonderful and very clear tutorial, I would love to have a go at this.
A very Happy Birthday to you, hope you have a wonderful day, and get lots of crafty presents.
Luv CHRISSYxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Heather, fab image and details, great tutorial too.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So wonderful card Heather,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

ikki said...

Nice one Heather! Great card - super image and colour combo. Hope you are well and enjoying life. ikki x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love your two step cards Heather and thank you so much for the tutorial (and the centimetre conversion). I'm defo going to give this a go! Hope mine turn out at least half as lovely as yours! Hugs, Lesley

Tasha said...

Oh this is pretty, i really like the design and the gorgeous colour combo
love tasha xx

Whisper said...

Thank you so much for showing us how to make it, Luv Sam x

Lee said...

This is one of the clearest easy to follow tutorials i have seen,when you are a relative beginner it helps lol.thank you so much for doing this.Your card is beautiful.hugs xx

Maris said...

this is so great, thanks for sharing, and i become yoyr follower xx

Anonymous said...

Great job, you've helped me so much and I am so glad I have chosen your service.

Anonymous said...

It provides the user with the best and the healthiest experience which
can make you feel proud about yourself to switch to
iolite. When we are looking option to come out of smoking, we
will be surely being able to find one over the web. Stay Trendy
at the Same Time Simple with Iolite Vaporizer.

Anonymous said...

Actually, sharks didn't scare me at all though, this isn't the case!

It executes the similar purposes as an excimer; however, if fleshlight you
are seeking advice from. One of the sexiest ways to get relief fleshlight
faster than you would with other members of your family tree.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...