Friday 24 September 2010

Totally Papercrafts and ???

Well here is the result of today's playtime!! I had the urge to do something for fun - so when I saw the challenge over at Totally Papercrafts this had to be the one!!!
"A Kind of Magic"


Ironically enough I was looking in my digi-dowload file and I came across this image which was from Inklined - he is called James and I think he's a real cutie!!



I knew exactly what I wanted to do with him - create a little magical scene. I stamped him on Copic papers, masked him then first brayered the background with Adirondak inks. Whilst he was still masked I overstamped with the trees and the Castle. I also stamped some silhouette leaves at the top and around the sides. I coloured James with Copics and put a sort of twirly halo of glittery shapes around him. I ended up using more than I had intended due to dropping my small inkpad onto the image/s - upside down - of course!!
The small Crystals as they're called are by Jones Tones and are actually silver but the light has caught them and multi-coloured them. Do I like it - yes I do although I think the background at the roots of the large tree could be darker - it wouldn't be me if I didn't find faults somewhere, but all in all a satisfying playtime. I had thought this would fit another challenge but can't for the life in me remember which - should I search - maybe!!

Hope you all have a brilliant weekend - weather doesn't look too promising here so that means more crafting time.
Photobucket

19 comments:

Lourdes said...

wow HEather!....it's gorgeous!! The background is wonderful..nice technique!

Hugs from Spain!

Lourdes

Moni said...

Hi my dear friend! The card is awesome, fab background, and love the colouring. You done fab job. Have a fab weekend! Hugs,moni

Carol said...

Simply stunning Heather!! I just luurrvvveee the scene you've created and I agree with you, he really is a cutie. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at Totally Papercrafts. Lotsa luv xxxx

Pia said...

woooow what a great card, lovely halloween
hugs Pia

Renkata said...

wow you are really an artist, great design and so sweet image.

Becky said...

Great card..beautiful coloring.

Sue said...

oh wow bloody fantastic card hun, ya to dam clever! i luv the scene you have made, fabulous colouring as always, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, have great weekend hun, sue,x

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Heather and what a pretty scene!
Clairex

Shazza said...

amazing card, I love the background you made for him x

Sandra1968 said...

Wow, Heather, this is really a magic card! It's beautiful.

cheryl said...

wow love this just brilliant love cheryl x

Emma said...

A fabulous card, I love the image and scene you created.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

nessy said...

wow!what an amazing creation ~ the background is just perfect and what a cute wizard!!
vanessa xx

Milnie said...

wow gorgeous card Heather! love the colors!

hugs

Paula (PEP) said...

Brilliant bit of scene setting & I know what being Miss Perfection is all about only too well - glad I have a companion in that & inkpad dropsy too..........never mind Mrs Fix-It....... You encourage me to persevere....
Have a good weekend.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Phivos Nicolaides said...

Your blog is beautiful and interesting. You won't believe it but there is a lady here in Cyprus which looks like to you a lot, a lot!!
Travelling

angelwhispers said...

Such a magical card love it Chanelle xx

Sandra said...

Hello Heather!
Love your new cards.

Have a nice sunday and a good start in the new week.

Hugs and kisses Paula

Lorraine A said...

oh wow !!! this is absolutely gorgeous Heather !! the image is very cute and I love the scene you created ,,, the multi coloured crystals are gorgeous,, fab photography ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the TPC :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...