Wednesday 21 July 2010

Truly Scrumptious and Dewdrop Craftz DT

It's time for another challenge at Truly Scrumptious and this week we have a fab sketch by our lovely Dawn 
and as the optional extra we would like you to use something recycled on your card.

We would also like to thank all of you who entered our DT call. WOWEE - what fantastic creations you all provided us with and what a headache trying to narrow the list down to three. But here are the lucky three


Welcome the the team ladies I do hope you'll enjoy working with us.

 

I used one of my DT images from the fabulous Dewdrop Craftz, this one is called the Sorcerer and by the artist CupuDOTexe. For the purpose of this card and to create impact I have just used the head and shoulders of  this fabulous image. She is coloured with distress inks (I'm still finding my Copics are not too happy with this heat and humidity). The papers are from Tim Holtz's Vintage Shabby and the edges distressed with the TH distressing tool.The flower is cut with vellum and I used pearls and a brad from my stash.
The recycled elements are the sequin waste - I've had this so many years I can't even remember where it came from, also the ribbon which was wrapped around something I bought, a blanket of a throw I think. It is strange stuff - it's not satin, not grosgrain and you can't tie a bow with it, it unwraps itself but for the purpose of this card it was perfect.

And our sponsor this week is is the fabulous Lacey from Stamp and Create with the fabulous prize of


Not only that for the term of this challenge, all Truly Scrumptious participants/blog readers can receive 10% off your total order!! Use discount code trulyjuly (all one word - all lowercase) at check out.

Is anyone else having problems, I've really struggles creating this post I think Blogger must be playing again. It's a MAN thing I think - trying to mend things that aren't broken!!!

Photobucket

10 comments:

Karen said...

Totally stunning !

Love Karen x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Heather, love it.
luv
Debby

Crafting Queen said...

Fantastic card, love the colours.

Cathy said...

Stunning card Heather. Gorgeous image and I love the textures on this.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Michele Roos said...

WOW gorgeous card Heather. Your colouring of the image is just amazing. Hugs Michele x

Sharon said...

Beautiful card Heather and I just love how you colour these images.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Heather,i love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisette Morris said...

Hello Heather, I'm looking forward to working with the Design team. What a unique recycled item! I love the color/coloring too!

Moni said...

This one is fab too. Great image. I realy love your colouring! Hugs,moni

Beth said...

Fantastic card Heather! I'd forgotten I even own some sequin waste - it looks great on your card! I hope you're having a nice weekend!

Love Beth xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...