Sunday 4 July 2010

My weekend creations !!!

I just thought I'd show you what I've been creating this weekend.



I've been having problems with the sun the last few weeks - shining in my eyes, if I turned things round, shining on my computer screen. Commenting has been so difficult I decided I had to do something. I couldn't move my desk it was too big, the alternative was to push my storage units apart and build a small computer unit between them.
So off I went to the DIY, bought the wood, the drawer runners etc. and started work. It's taken me most of the weekend, it was so hot I had to keep breaking off to drink, before I became too dehydrated. But it's done now - a little small but big enough. Just one thing I forgot - my printer, fortunately my son had a coffee table in storage he wasn't using and unbelievable it fit the space exactly - it's a little deep, but good for putting my feet on until I find of make something better.

********************************

I also managed to finish a card I started earlier in the week. It's for the current challenge at Lovely hAnglars Only





I don't know what it is about this image but I really struggle to colour it, so I am not entirely happy with the results.  The image is coloured in distress inks and the patterned papers are old and I haven't a clue who they're by as I did my usual and cut the label off, but the red is by Basic Grey - Figgy Pudding.
The corners are cut with an EK Success punch, the little 'stars' with a Nellie Snellon die, the flourishes with a Marianne createable die and the butterfly with an EK Success punch. The wonky photographer has been at work again - not only is it crooked, it's slightly blurred - I think a need to re photo it.

I think that's it. i hope you're all having a brilliant weekend.

Photobucket

13 comments:

Victoria said...

this is such a gorgeous card beautifully coloured adore the ocmputer desk too x

Paula (PEP) said...

Goodness very impressive - both. Love the Hanglar card actually - all the detail is delightful & that corner punch is something else. Do take care with the heat.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

Crafting Queen said...

Love the desk you created!! Great card, lovely colours. Have a great day.

Moni said...

Fab dask, love it, and card is awesome, love the image and great colouring! Hugs,moni

Stamps and Paper said...

What a great idea for your computer....love the card too.

Anne

Sandra1968 said...

You now see, I creative mind is good for a lot of things :-)
And your card is beautiful.
Hugs, Sandra

Georgia said...

Wow Heather, what a brilliant new work desk, I can't believe you made it, I wouldn't know where to start, lol! I love your gorgeous card, the colours and papers are lovely and your colouring is fabulous! :) Love, Georgia xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Heather,i love the image and the papers.

hugs Riet.xx

Hanna said...

Your workdesk is brilliant, sweetie!!!
And so is your card! Fantastic work with both!
Love your card, it's so beautiful. This image is such a cutie, and your colouring is to die for!!! Totally amazing, Heather! Love it!!!
There's just one word for this card; perfect!
Couldn't be better, hun! :o) Such a masterpiece! Fantastic artwork!

Have a wonderful week!
Lots of hugs & love,
Hanna

Leigh said...

You are a very multi talented person Heather. Looks like you've got the perfect set up for your computer now.

Ilona said...

Your card is absolutely cute and your colouring is very sweet.

Thank you for playing with us at LHO Challenge #03.

Best Wishes
Ilona

Wilma said...

who's a clever girlie then - i can see it now, a whole new programme on telly - 'Crafting and DIY with Heather' Must admit i wouldn't know where to start with the desk and i do love the card too!:) xx

Iris Wiechmann said...

Stunning coloring Heather and a super adorable card. Love the colors you chose! Thanks for playing with us at LHO

Hugs,
Iris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...