Friday 23 July 2010

Lili of the Valley and yet another ooops!!

Guess who won last week's Lili of the Valley challenge - how lucky am I? Shall be stalking postie again until my prize arrives. 
This week's challenge is a fabulous sketch by Bev,  I love sketches but oh boy - did I make a 'cod's ear' of this one!! I thought I'll flip the sketch to accommodate  the shape of the image, that's when things started to go drastically wrong. I'd practically finished the card when I realised my trees were growing sideways - not a good look. Fortunately I used wet glue and was able to pull things apart but I'm not sure how true to the sketch this now is, but at least my trees are growing in the right direction. If it won't do they'll have to throw me out.


I've had this image since the NEC in November last year and shame on me but this is the first time it's seen ink. I coloured it with distress inks. The papers are some I found rooting around in my Christmas boxes and the poinsettia is one I made for a tutorial I did last year. The snowflake is cut with the Provocraft Build a Flake one, the border cut with a Carla Craft punch and all else is from my stash.

Now I think I need to clear up all the stuff I emptied out from my Christmas boxes which is spread all over the floor, siggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Photobucket

22 comments:

Jen said...

Lol! So glad you replanted your trees!
I love this image and those embellishments are gorgeous.
hugs
Jen x

** Line** said...

your card is great! I love your coloring.
hugs Line

Dena said...

Wow, wow, wow! I adore this card!!!! Can you tell me about the swirls? Are they a punch? Perfect size. Anyhow, your coloring is amazing and I'm glad you trees are upright now!!!
Hugs, Dena
P.S. Thanks for joining LOTV this week. Love your stuff!

Marley said...

Beautiful card Heather!! I love the colors and the border!! x Marley

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Ha! Ha! Glad you got your trees the right way up... and I thought I was the only one that did that sort of thing!
Just love the image which is beautifully coloured and your poinsettia is perfect.
Caroline xxx

Danielle said...

Ooo, I love this card Heather! Even though you had a couple of mishaps I love the finished result (and glad to see the trees growing the right way!!). The poinsettia flower and swirls are stunning!
Hugs, Danielle

Cards By MI said...

Lovely card! Things goe a little strange every now and then for us all, don't it? ;) It's really sweet and congrats to winning!
xMarie

Laura (Faerielore) said...

such a cute image hun you made me laugh about your sideways growing trees hehehehehe xxxx

Karen said...

STUNNING ! Love that image.

Love Karen x

Renkata said...

Very cute.
Love your new banner.

Moni said...

WAw so gorgeous card, love the cute image and you have coloured it great. Great LO. And love your new blog look! Have a fab weekend! Hugs;moni

Kathleen said...

Stunning card. Love the poinsettia and swiirls. Great colours and image.

Mandy said...

Hi Heather,
This is beautiful even if you did get a bit muddled,me I don't do a bit of a muddle I usually go for full blown in a real mess can't make sense muddle..I love this image and your colouring as always is perfect...If I bring one of my homemade cakes can I come and visit for a colouring lesson..lol...Have a fab weekend...
Mandy xx

Christine said...

Ohhh Heather youv'e done it again another wowzer creation stunning colours cute image fab colouring not missed anything have I??? ohh yes which die have you used for the Swirls PLZ???

Hugs Christine xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Heather,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Esme said...

Love this card Heather!! We've just bought a set of the Christmas stamps from LOTV but I haven't coloured them yet!!
I hate that moment when you realise that you're backing paper is the wrong way round - I usually stick it onto the card the wrong way and can't correct other than to cut the card and layer it onto another!!

Esme xx

Di said...

Hi Heather, ha!!LOL, i have done that, stuck stuff the wrong way round, my fav is making the card and having it opening the wrong way or upside down!LOl!
this is fabulous i just love your colouring its superb!
Hugs Di xxxx

AndreaM said...

Heather, that's a stunning card. Fantastic coloring. But how could you keep that cute image in your drawer for such a long time? :-)

Hugs, Andrea

Marion said...

Gorgeous card Heather. So glad you replanted the trees. Fabulous image and great colouring. Congrats on winning last week.
Marion

Carolyn said...

They can throw you out kicking and screaming, with me fighting for you. Your take on the sketch is fine. Absolutely amazing card and image and coloring.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous sweetie, i love the image that you have chosen and the papers are fab too, thanks for joining us at LOTV big hugs love Pops x x

Bev said...

Oh this is FAB honey - amazing colouring of that sweet little bunny and I love what you have done with my sketch. Thanks for joining LOTV this week. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...