Wednesday 26 May 2010

Truly Scrumptious DT

Time for another challenge at Truly Scrumptious and this we we have another of Mina's fabulous sketches with the extra option of embossing - any kind of embossing you like - it's up to you.

We have a fabulous prize in store for you this week from Digital Delights of a $10 voucher to spend in the store - a magical place filled with digi creations from all walks of life.


I used one of my new Hanglars (I've always loved hAnglars, but love 'em even more now I've got some - they are such a delight to colour). This little cutie is coloured with distress inks, and her wings sparkled using Stardust stickles. I cut here out and mounted her using foam on a frame cut with a Marianne creatable stencil. The pink debossed paper is from my 'bit box' and the coloured from the Crafty Individuals background paper pack - Trees. The border is cut with a MS deep punch and the flower made using the EK Success retro flower punch and Mulberry paper. I hand cut the leaves and cut the hearts using Spellbinder heart nesties. I cut several layers, stuck them together, stamped the sentiment on them (Lily of the Valley), inked the edges and covered them with crackle paint. I didn't want too much crackle effect so just used a thin layer - another experiment gone wrong - you can hardly see the crackles at all.

Distress inks used
Skin   -  Tattered Rose and Walnut stain
Clothes - Dusty Concord and Victorian Velvet
Hair  -  Vintage photo and Mustard seed
Shoes - Vintage photo




This is the fabulous sketch we worked with - check out the other DT's fabulous interpretations. 



Photobucket

15 comments:

celia said...

Hey Heather, je kaartje ziet er weer schitterend uit, en gelijk heb je, deze stempels zijn super...spijtig kunnen wij ze hier nergens in België vinden!
Veel liefs,Celia.

Sandra said...

Hello Heather!
No, you are not a bird-brain. Don´t say it. Because you´ve send me a comment in german. It was good,I understand all your sentence. Your new card is absolutely fantastic and beautifully coloured. Love your pink rose. Today I would like to drink coffee with a girl friend in the city.
Have a nice day.
Hugs and kisses Paula

Marley said...

Wow beautiful Heather!! I love your coloring and the borderpunch is so great!! Hugs xx Marley

Simply Angelic Crafts said...

WOW what a beautiful card - Aly xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card Heather, beautiful papers and sweet image.
luv
Debby

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Heather :-) The image is adorable and the papers and embellies are fab ,, love the sketch too :-)

congratulations ,,, the random gen chose you for the HM candy on my blog :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! Heather! This is so gorgeous! I LOVE your flower and that gorgeous frame! Fabulous!!!
Hugs,
Lisa

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Heather. Such gorgeous colours and the mulberry paper flower is stunning.

Moni said...

Stunning my dear friend, love the image and fab take on the sketch. I lost my mojo, so still nothing from my cards. :((
Have a fab day! Hugs,moni

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww,what a beautiful card Heather,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Heather, I love these images and you have coloured her beautifully.

Barbaraxx

cheryl said...

wow hun this is just incrediable gosh so detailed love the embossing and that cute image too hugs cheryl xxxxxx

Mina said...

I love love love this little hAnglar image Heather and wow how stunning is your colouring...beautiful card
Mina xxx

Unknown said...

Heather, Thanks for not being perfect. As a newbie to crafting I'm struggling because I'm a little bit of a perfectionist. Someone who has been doing this a while and still occassionally has a oops moment, you make me feel that its okay to make mistakes. Thanks for the inspiration. Love the card and love the Hanglar stamp.

Michele Roos said...

Beautiful card Heather. Gorgeous colouring of the image and love the flower also. Hugs Michele x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...