Friday 12 March 2010

Colour Create - my last DT card

Settle down with a cup or glass of something as this could be quite a long post - very late as I've had no internet connection for the past 2/3 days.

This is my last card as DT for Colour Create - I've been struggling with the colours ever since I arrived in Germany - there are no shops locally - the nearest is about 45mins drive away (not a lot of stock) the larger one is 2hrs drive away. OK if I have the colours, if not it's a nightmare!! I can't order by internet as things take to long to arrive and the postage can be somewhat prohibitive. Sadly I've taken the decision to step down - it's been a sheer pleasure working with the uber-talented team and I shall miss them  them (sniff, sniff) although they haven't got rid of me completely as I shall be entering the challenge as often as I have papers to suit!!

On to the card - I've used one of my new Sweetpea's which arrived this week thanks to the amazingly kind and generous Lynette McAnsh of Sweet Peas Stamps who very kindly replaced my missing orders free of charge (these arrived after 8 days, which by German standards is amazing)  The first order should have arrived beginning of February!!!  Now wait for it -  Lynette told me that if the first orders arrived, not to send them back  but keep them and use them as blog candy - how fabulous is that - so fingers crossed and watch this space as hopefully I will have some Sweet pea blog candy for you.

My colour choice for my final week - chocolate, mint and cream - I love these colours together, but stupidly didn't check to see if I had them   -    eeeek!!! - no mint coloured papers, every colour of green imaginable but no mint green.  I spent hours, but finally managed to change the colours on a programme I have, but sadly it's taken away the pattern and it's not quite a 'minty' as I would have liked.

I made an easel card and the stunningly beautiful image is coloured with Copics and mounted on a mat cut with a Nellie Snellon die. The leaves are cut with a die from the Sizzix leaf and branch set, the corners with an EK Success punch, the pearl swirl and butterfly are by Prima and the rest is from my stash.



I been a good girl and made a box at the same time as my card, the flowers stick up that much on this one I had to extend the sides somewhat. There is another picture on the back of the box to seal it which I stupidly forgot to photograph.

This is a close up of the beautiful image.

This card is now on it's way to Lynette at Sweetpea Stamps as a thank you for her kindness in dealing with this matter.

Now, having had internet  problems I have some serious catching up to do, thank you all for your lovely comments and hopefully i will be round to see you all before too long.

25 comments:

Julie said...

Wow Rica - stunningly beautiful and a fab colour combo!! I love everything about it, you've done Lynnette proud. Mine arrived very quickly, just need to use them( if only we had more hours in the day!). Hope you enjoyed your birthday!!! Juliexx

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Heather :-) I am sure Lynette will just love this ! Gorgeous ! I love the image and the colours you chose are yummy ,,I love mint choc chip :-)

I am sorry you're stepping down from the challenge but fully understand as I have the same problem here in Gozo !

Luv
Lols x x x

☼ Cheryl* said...

Hi Heather
Your card is really nice! I like the dp :) The image is great too! and of course the box is fab.
x

Beckie said...

OMG Heather, that is just What a high to be going out on. I wish my cards looked as beautiful as yours. xx

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just amazing such a wonderful image and super detail totally brilliant hugs cheryl xxxx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

WOW Heather this is sooooo stunning and im so glad your sweet peas have finally arrived :) it really was lovely of Lynette to send you a second order. hope you have a lovely weekend xxxx

debby4000 said...

Stunning Heather.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

Hi Heather
wow hun what an awesome card your colouring is fantastic, luv the colour combo, beautiful embelies, luv it, sue,x

scrapperjulia said...

This is so beautiful, Heather! I love how you used those colors and the flowers are gorgeous! I don't have any craft stores close by either! I will miss seeing your beautiful creations for this challenge!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Little K Smith said...

Hi Heather
WOW! An absolutely beautiful card, love the Sweet Pea stamps. Stunning!
Kelly.x

Clare said...

Wow Heather this is a stunningly beautiful card hun. Just love the colours & BTW you can make out the pattern on the paper. Love the lacy black ribbon & those beautiful Prima flowers. Hugs Clare xxx

Tracy said...

I'm certain you will be missed at Colour Create. I love the Sweet Pea stamps, they are top of my wish list. Your easel card is so gorgeous and I love your colour theme this week.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

CraftyC said...

Your card is stunning Rica, love all the black, very striking. Must be awful for you not having craft shops nearby, and I love all your cards!
Clairex

Sandra H. said...

WOW!! Your work is absolutely beautiful!!!

Moni said...

Hi my dear friend, so hope your birthday went well, I and sorry to hear oyu step down the position. Card is awesome as always, and love the image and fab colour comob! Love all details. Have a fab weekend! Hugs,moni

Eiglas said...

Beautiful card heather and a fab colour pallette too!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Jackie Thomas said...

OH Heather. this card is absolutely stunning. I adore everything about it. xo Jackie

Anonymous said...

Hello Heather-
love the colours of the image ! You create a wonderful crad!
Have a nice weekend
Elma

Sandra1968 said...

A beautiful card and I love the colourcombination!
Hugs, Sandra

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
America said...

This is a seriously gorgeous card! WOW!!!! Oh and those flowers are super incredible. How do you do those GF??? :) Keep up the great work cuz I cant get enough!

Tasha said...

Heather this is beautiful! I love the colour combo and the image is fab. Love the layout too!

Sorry tohear you are stepping down, it must be frustrating not being able to gt your hands on as much as you would like

love tasha xx

ThePurplePlace said...

WOW WOW WOW!

You nailed it and the colors and coloring are fantastic!

I also LOVE your blog and truly admire your skills! You have amazing talent!

:) Happy Crafting and thanks for sharing!

Lisa

Cindy H. said...

Wow, mint or no mint, I would not change a thing! This is soooo gorgeous!! tfs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...