Monday 14 September 2009

House Mouse DT - Make a Choice !!

Would you believe it - a year has passed since the House Mouse and Friends challenge blog begun. To mark the occassion Emma asked that we have a Year in Review at House Mouse this week and choose the favourite challenge from the past year. 
I've only been at DT for about 8 of the twelve months, but I can't tell you how much  fun it has been commenting on all your amazing creations, not only that I've met some wonderful people and made some amazing friends. Drinks in hand please and here's to the coming year - let's all have more fun.
Another bout of 'wishy-washiness' came over me when I had to choose which of the past challenges to choose, I wanted to do so many of them. I decided eventually to do something I hadn't done for ages and chose paper piercing (week 22). That said - I wasn't happy with it so I pierced a few more holes and stitched a pattern (week 6).
So what it is now - stitched paper piercing I suppose'


My image is "Wool Sew for Friends" and coloured with Copic markers. I cut and embossed the frame with nesties labels  4 and used the same to cut the sentiment tag ........ just  juggling it around to get a complimentary shape. The leaves are cut with the Sizzix branch and leaves set, the flowers are Prima hydreangas which I scrunched up to give them a more defined shape.
I pierced the edges of the card and then used a lavender silk thread to stitch a pattern. Spacers, pearls and pearl brads are all from stash.

14 comments:

Moni said...

So gorgeous card Heather, and love the image, great colouring! Hugs,Moni

Mandi said...

So cute
These are such cute images
Lovely card Heather xx

Tab said...

Fabuluous card, sweetie! Love the sweet image and the colours that you have chosen are yummy!
Hope that you are all settled in your new home!
Hugs Tab xxx

Anonymous said...

Great card Heasther ;0)

Janneke X

Sandra1968 said...

Such a sweet card :-)
A lovely stamp and great colouring!
Have a nice day.

Desire Fourie said...

This is lovely Heather. Love the green and mauve colours and such a cute image.
Hugs
Desire

Karen said...

Gorjus, gorjus card Heather. I love those cheeky mices. Fab colours too.

Love Karen x

Rach said...

a fabulous card Heather. hugs rachxx

Tara said...

This is so sweet Heather and I love the image! Fab colours and that stitching works beautifully!
Hugs Tara xx

Squirrel said...

It's a Heather-coloured card! Love the stamp, and the colours of those hydrangea flowers are very satisfying. However long did the stitching take you though?!
Rosey xx

nessy said...

gorgeous card ~just love the stitching!
vanessa xx

Christine said...

Hi Heather another stunner great stitching, fab layout clever use of the shapes..sweet image + colouring..& of course the colours love them too.

hugs Christine xx

Lorraine A said...

Ooh this is soo cute ! ;-) The image is gorgeous,,, fabulous card ! :-)

I had my image all stamped and ready last week and just didn't make it in time ,,, visitors !!! :-/

luv
Lols x x

Larissa said...

Hi Heather!

Gorgeous card! Very lovely colours and it reminds me that I must do some more stitching because it looks so lovely!

I hope you are well! I am just back after spending a few days in your new country! :) I have been to the Stempel Mekka and we stayed a little bit longer.

Auf wiedersehen! ;)
Larissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...