Wednesday 26 August 2009

Creative Card Crew

A fabulous sketch by Nicola this week at Sketch Saturday but sadly I don't think I've done it justice with this rather strange card. I used Magnolia's parrot, masked it and added some vine leaves, both from the Animal collection. The papers are a mixture of Papermania Secret Garden and Dovecraft's Wild Blossom. I cut leaves and attached them to the swirls. I'm finding the light here in Germany is somewhat different and am struggling with photographing cards and this one is far more orangey that it appears here.

Image - Magnolia - Parrot & Hanging leafs
Colouring Medium - Copics
Papers - Papermania - Secret Garden & Dovecraft Wild Blossom
Tools - EK Success corner rounder, Woodware leaf punch, Sizzix swirly die
Embellishments - Ribbon from stash

13 comments:

Hanna said...

Hello!
What a beautiful card, Heather!
Lovely colours and a perfect colouring!
You've got something at my blog!

Have a nice evening!
Hugs from Hanna

Moni said...

Waw fab card, love the scene you made and the parrot is so cute and love the details! Hugs Moni

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Heather! This parrot stamp is sooo cute and being a parrot owner myself I just can't resist him!!

Barbarax

Di said...

HIya heather, this seems ok to me its fab, the colour is lovely ! but i know what you mean when a card doesnt look great on camera most annoying! Still this looks fab!

Hugs Di xxx

Pia said...

Fabulous card Heather! love the beautiful colours and pretty bird.
hugs Piaxx

Bev said...

Oh this is amazing sweetie, your colouring is droolworthy! I love how you have done the shading (puts my inks and twinks to shame!!). Hope this week is a better one for you xx

Torico said...

Wow Heather...I think this sketch is fabulous but pretty difficult. But you've done great job!!! So cute image and your paper selection is perfect!

torico XX

Squirrel said...

I love the layered mats and the 3D leaves - it's all good!
Rosey x

Tara said...

Nothing strange about it!!! I love it and the colours look beautiful. I just bought those Magnolia leaves myself and can't wait to have a play ;o)
Big hugs, Tara xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Heather,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Wow Heather, You made my sketch look fantastic!!! I just knew you would. Love the parrot image - it's a cutie. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Nicola said...

Wowzers Heather, your colouring is amazing and this parrot looks so alive. Thank you for playing along with the Creative Card Crew this week, you did an awesome job of my challenge.
Nicola -x-

Paula said...

Wow Heather your card is just fabulous and such a great take on the sketch and i adore the image. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Paula xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...