Thursday 27 August 2009

Colour Create DT - Ruby. cream & gold

Yet another fortnight has fled by and here we are again with another challenge at Colour Create with a fabulous colour choice by the lovely by the lovely Chris

Ruby, Cream and Gold with the extra option of Gems



We have to thank the fabulous Heidi over at Simon Says Stamp (our regular monthly sponsor) who has given us another $25 voucher as a prize for the winner this challenge.
This is one fabulous shop and I'm devastated I'm not eligible for this prize!!


***************************

To colour, or not to colour that was the questoin this week. Consequently I redid this image about 5 times. I stamped Miss Anya on cream paper and just coloured in the red,
then I tried giving her gold hair - awful!! Tried colouring her in completely - that was not the look I was aiming for, eventually ended up with this one and I'm still not sure - partially because the red turned out a different red on my photograph.
I've checked all my camera settings, tried it on various ones but still it's different. The gold button on her coat are my substitute for gems.
I had no papers the right colours, normally at this point I would look in my downloads are print some - no printing ink - am waiting for a delivery. I've just had an email from the supplier (in German!!!) I think it says it's on it's way but can't be sure - so it's wait and see.
I resorted to printing my own papers, I have two Colour Box red inks, Chianti and Merlot, so I used Merlot and poured my self a glass of...............guess what!! - to help me along the way. The stamp is from K&Co Lotus floral set. The corner cut with the cuttlebug vintage corners, the borders with MS lace doily and EK Success Parisian border and the leaves with a Woodware leaf punch.


Materials
Stamps - Greeting Farm - Anya : K&Co Lotus floral set
Colouring Mediums - Derwent Colour soft pencils & Colour Box ink
Papers
- self
Tools -
Cuttlebug vintage corners : MS Lace Doily : EK Success Parisian : Woodware leaf punch
Embellishments - All from stash

18 comments:

Lesley said...

wow gorgeous card...i love the colours this week...and stunning papers...hugs Lesley xxx

Chrissie said...

Well Heather, the final result looks gorgeous!
I love the look of your stamped papers sweetie, you clever girl!

Moni said...

Waw again fab card from you! Love the colour combo and gorgeous design as always! Have a fab day! Hugs,moni

Danielle said...

ooo, how lovely is this! Awesome layout and I adore your lacing effect! Love the red & gold - so elegant and sophisticated!
Hugs, Danielle

Janiel/ janny said...

hey Heather, I love this little card!!! Your handmade papers are stunning!!! I love the weave of the gold cording....
hugs and have a great day, janny

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh such a elegant card, Heather! The card design is just fabulous! I love the colours, pretty paper and Anya is adorable!
Hugs,t

Deanne said...

This is beautiful Heather! I really like the gold corner embellishments, and the string in the background!

xx-Deanne

Riet said...

Ohhh Heather,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
So beautiful papers. and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Dena said...

Wow all your border punches look fabby. I especially like those corner ones. Such a neat way of coloring her too! Great card Heather! Hugs, Dena

Sandra1968 said...

Great card! And cute buttons on her coat :-)

Faye said...

Just beautiful, Heather. Cute image.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This card is incredible Heather! I think the way you finished the image is just stunning. It really stands out. Love your hand made background paper.
Sharon xx

Mina said...

gorgeous card Heather, I love the stamped paper and the way you coloured just the clothes is so striking
Mina xxx

Lorraine A said...

Oh my goodness Heather what a saga !! :-) The papers are fab ! ;-) The image is lovely too !! :-)It is a diffy colour combo but you did a fantastic job,,, end result,,, beautiful card !! :-)

Luv
Lols x x x

Christine said...

This is one stunning card Heather the colours make it look very classy, like the gold rope effect wrap around.. love it all.

Christine xx

ps. recived your reply..thanks

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Heather.
Love the paper, your gold corners are fabulous.

Karen x

Squirrel said...

Oh wow! I got those Cuttlebug corners and I haven't found a use for them yet except to make a stamp out of them. That's a fantastic idea!
Strange about the camera. Could it be the meter mode? Grasping at straws here.
Rosey x

June said...

What fabulous colour work and design
hugs June xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...