Sunday 15 March 2009

Colour Create Challenge 6

This week's colours at Colour Create might steer you towards Christmas which is fine as you will be able to tick another card off your Christmas list and that always feels good. The colours also work really well for other times of the year though as you will see from the Design Team creations, fabulous aren't they?

Here is your colour combination then:


For this week's extra option we would like you to add wings, but please remember that this is not compulsory. You could use animals and insects that have wings, but many of our well-loved characters also have little wings tucked away (Tilda springs to mind here)!


I am not at all happy with this card - probably because it was done in such a rush at the end of a Manic week. in fact I think I only just managed to get it done in time to be posted.
I used downloaded papers and distressed the edges. I stamped the butterfly in red - first on white paper and coloured in with green and then onto acetate which I layered on top. The acetate hasn't photographed well and does look much better IRL.

Materials
BC - Paper Mill shop : BP - dowloaded - Pink Petticoat (red) & Verena Karolyi (green) : Image - Creative expressions : Sentiment - the Quote Garden : Punches - EKSuccess and Leone Em : Rest from stash

28 comments:

Moni said...

Love it, love it, love it! Gorgeous butterfly and the paper ad the layout! It is fantastic! Hugs, Moni

Unknown said...

i think this is superb....sassyx

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow Heather, this card is amazing ! I love the layout you have used and that butterfly is just amazing. You might not like it but I love it !

Have a great week, hope it isn't as manic as last week,

Hugs,

Jo x

Karen said...

Well i think it's gorjus Heather. I love butterflies. Stunning !

Love Karen xxx

Anonymous said...

Sooo gorgeous Heather, love it :)

Marlene x

Lexxie said...

Ooh I love it Heather. I love your butterfly and the shades of red and green you've used-gorgoeus,
Love Sarita xx

AN said...

Kaunista!! Hyvää sunnuntaita!! :)

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Rica, love the BP and beautiful image!
Clairex

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Heather. Love the butterfly and the flower. The papers are also delish. Michele x

Tab said...

Totally gorge card Heather! I have this butterfly and had forgotten all about it till now LOL! You have used it so well, and love the acetate wings!
Hugs Tab xxx

Julie said...

I think it's a lovely card, great layout and I love the butterfly

Chris said...

Hi Heather, I think your card is stunning and I love the butterly, so striking, I can just see the acetate and I'm sure it adds great dimension to the card. I love these tones of red and green too, lovely combination. You weren't the last to upload LOL, it was me, I completely forgot to post on the admin blog! Hope you're having a nice Sunday. Chris x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is brilliant Heather. That acetate on the butterfly adds a whole new dimension to the card. I adore the layout with the 3 triangles. Superb work.
Sharon xx

Danni said...

Wowza!! This is amazing!! LOVE it!

Riet said...

wowww Heather,what a beautiful card,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Pia said...

WOW WOW what a great card Heather, love it

Powerful Search Engine said...

Love the ripped paper and the butterfly is gorgeous hugs Pascale :)

debby4000 said...

WOW this is gorgeous, love the papers and beautiful butterfly.

Tara said...

You are being too hard on yourself missus, it actually looks as if you took hours, lol! It's such a pretty card and i love your arrangement of the papers! xx

Lesley said...

wow stunning card...luv n hugs Lesley xxx

katy said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card Heather...think you can always count on me to be last, lol. xx

Ginny said...

well I think it's gorgeous :0)

Laura (Faerielore) said...

stunning stunning stunning i love that butterfly soooo pretty

Katy said...

Gorgeous, love the colours and the butterfly

xx

Dawn said...

Stunning card! Gorgeous design...

gina g said...

beautiful card Heather its always a pleasure to visit your blog. luv gina xx

Helen said...

Beautiful! Love hte layout, and the butterfly is fabulous!
Helen x

Tasha said...

WOW WOW WOW talk about knock your socks off this is AMAZING love the butterfly
love tasha xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...