Tuesday 13 January 2009

Magnolia vs Stampavie - Make a Gift

Magnolia vs Stampavie's challenge this week is to make a gift, so I've made myself a gift!!
I am forever making bookmarks only to end up giving them away, very often to the same people - what do they do with them? This one is MINE - and I'm not giving it away.
I used and old Tilda image, coloured it with Pastels, matted and layered it onto K & Co Poppy Plaid paper. I backed it similarly and fastened ribbon between the layers. I normally laminate them, but hesitated to do so as I had that feeling that photographing it would then become difficult.
Materials
Magnolia - Tilda
Derwent pastels
Cuttlebug - Vintage corners & Spellbinders Nesties
Ribbon from stash

18 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful bookmark. Love it.

AN said...

Ihanan sininen ja todella kauniisti väritetty! :))

Moni said...

Gorgeous gift you made! Hugs, Moni

Tara said...

This is so beautiful Heather and I'm glad you've treated yourself for a change, good for you! xx

Unknown said...

Lovely, I would keep it for myself too, I do the same thing, I don't possess a bookmark made by me!

Barbaraxx

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Heather..I'm not suprised your keeping it! Great image and your colouring is beautiful. Debbie x

Larissa said...

Lovely bookmark! And you are right: you must keep this one for your self!

Hugs,
Larissa

Carolyn Bounds said...

Awww, Heather...the bookmark is gorgeous and Tilda is absolutely precious!!! I can see why you wouldn't want to part with this beauty!!! Stunning in every detail...of course, that is the norm for you:o) I love it!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Cathy said...

Heather this is so beautiful. Love your colouring of the image and the colours you have used.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Rica. I've been thinking about making a bookmark for myself for ages and you've inspired me to do one tonight!

Kirsten Alicia said...

It's gorgeous & I'm glad you're keeping it for yourself!

Sam said...

Gorgeous bookmark, its too lovely to shut away in a book! Real cute image and love the way you have coloured her in.
Hope all is well with you.
Sam x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Heather she is gorgeous,and would make even the dictionary look like a fab read lol!

Emma xxx

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful Heather. Thanks for my lovely blog award, there's something on my blog for you too.

Chrissie said...

Just love those colours!Such a sweet bookmark!
Chrissie

Felis_bunte_Welt said...

I love this bookmark. Your work is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Again - WOW!! Simply stunning! I love the CB corners...they just really complete the image! Awesome job.

Maria Matter said...

Heather, this is so pretty...that Tilda is certainly gorgeous! These colors are some of my fav!
blessings, Maria

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...