Tuesday 25 November 2008

Magnolia vs Stampavie challenge

I knew exactly what I wanted to do when I saw this challenge, but could I do it - no. Things would not go together how I wanted them to. The texture I used is mainly embossing. I embossed the background with the cuttlebug 'Winter house' folder on white vellum that had glitter dots on it and the tree onto Basic Grey which I distressed. Behind Edwin & Tilda I used ripped and torn mulberry paper as snow, the 'ice' that they are skating on is glossed with some stuff that is that old it's lost it's label. I used modelling clay on the fur bit of their coats and added Stickles to Tildas. I added some felt snowflakes but didn't like them - so off they came and I finished it with a satin ribbon bow and a small holographic snowflake and a greeting which I'm not happy about. This will come off and replaced when I decide what to use.

14 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow stunning card! I love the wintery scene you have created and your colouring is amazing! Debbie x

Liza said...

Gorgeous card! The image is really cute and I love what you have done with the cuttlebugged trees!

Liza x

Eija said...

Lovely card again! You have used so many differend elements in it.

de said...

This is so beautiful! I love the "scene" and the texture in the card! Stunning!

Cathy said...

This is amazing. I love the differnt techniques you have used to create the overall effect. A fantastic card.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Desire Fourie said...

Just beautiful. Love how the triangle pice of vellum creates an illusion of a spotlight shining on the skating couple. Hugs from Desire

Annie said...

Love the effects you have achieved on this card - you are so clever.

Ann xxx

Jilli said...

Wow, what a fab idea using the cuttlebug tree. Gorgeous card, just love it! Jillix

Kirsten Alicia said...

This is fantastic! I love the trees & of course the skaters look wonderful. Kirsten.

Tara said...

Wow! It's a beauty and I love the embossing you've added, I would never have thought of using those trees like that! xx

Maria Matter said...

Wow! This stunning card caught my eye as I was poking around your lovely blog! I absolutely love how you used the Cuttlebug Christmas trees! The whole card is gorgeous and the trees simply put this one over-the-top!
Blessings, Maria

Laura (Faerielore) said...

beautiful love all the detail in this card how you have made the background xxxx

Tara Godfrey said...

OMG!! Heather, This is out of this world, gorgeous!!! I just love the scene you created with Tilda and Edwin skating in the woods and the embossed house in the background...how unbelievably fabulous, stunning, beautiful, is this card!!!! I love the embossed tress too! Really Outstanding! I love it!!!!!
Hugs,t

theneon said...

WOW this is just so cute -- and what great detail. You put a lot of work and thought into this one. Martha Kay

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...